Senior NATO military officials say they anticipate that the incoming US administration of Barack Obama will send reinforcements to fill gaps in the capabilities of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan. ISAF still faces shortages in manoeuvre forces; operational mentor and liaison teams (OMLTs); rotary-wing aircraft; intelligence, surveillance, target acquistion and reconnaissance assets (unmanned aerial vehicles); and aerial medical evacuation, said Air Marshal Christopher H Moran, deputy commander of Joint Force Command (JFC) Brunssum (the operational command in charge of ISAF), speaking to a NATO Parliamentary Assembly (NPA) Defence and Security Committee meeting in Valencia on 15 November
Friday, November 28, 2008
NATO expects Obama to provide more troops for Afghanistan
[first posted to http://jdw.janes.com - 20 November 2008]
Postado por Ary D Dias às 11/28/2008 05:14:00 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- 2009 Quadrennial Roles and Missions Review (QRM) Report
- All Hands Manual 2009
- China - The Olympics countdown – broken promises
- Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide
- Cooperative Strategy for 21st Century Seapower
- DTM 09-009
- Economic Report of the President Economic Report of the President February 11, 2008
- Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008
- Iraq Study Group Report
- Landmine Casualty Data: Best Practices Guidebook
- National Strategy for Combating Terrorism
- NAVADMIN 006/09
- NAVADMIN 007/09
- NAVADMIN 219/11
- NAVADMIN 219/11
- NAVADMIN 246/10
- USCG Posture Statement
- USCG Strategy
- Zionism Today is the Real Enemy of the Jews
Pictures from Santiago Trip
- ► 2011 (119)
- ► 2010 (1607)
- ► 2009 (2715)
- US Supreme Court overturns proposed sonar usage ban
- X-35 Video from France
- 30th Anniversary F A 18 Flight - DNU
- Norfolk Fleet and Family Support Center Classes
- Pacific Financial Conference - DNU
- National Resource Directory Helps Wounded Warriors
- Republic enemy - US policy and Iranian elections
- Venezuelan Navy revives plans to acquire assault s...
- NATO expects Obama to provide more troops for Afgh...
- Pakistan, Germany close to concluding Type 214 sub...
- Sea trials beckon for Borey-class submarine
- USS George Washington ASVAB - DNU Flash - 11/26/2008
- Waterslide in "Rio de Janeiro"
- The real best soccer player of Brazil
- Thanksgiving Day Message 2008 from the Chairman of...
- Water Planet
- Welcome to Canal City Hakata in Fukuoka, Japan
- The group Carmen and Camille tour Souda Bay - DNU ...
- Daily News Update Flash - 11/21/2008
- Department Defers F-22 Funding Decision to Next Ad...
- Jane’s Air Forces News Briefs / 21 November 2008
- Army schedules first execution in decades
- Joint Statement by the United States and Brazil An...
- Combat Medic Training Evolves to Save Lives
- UNIFEM: "Say No to Violence Against Women" Campaign
- No title
- A very beautiful picture from Navy Photo Gallery (...
- On November 18, 1922
- More about Holiday Club Gitmo
- Terrorism Detainees Pose Tough Choices for Obama
- Security Advise
- U.S. Navy Ethos
- Republic Day Proclamation Day in Brazil - Nov. 15,...
- Intrepid Sea, Air, and Space Museum
- Amnesty International
- Pearl Harbor Submarine Service Memorial Honors Fal...
- Veterans Day - November 11
- DNU Flash - 11/11/2008
- U.S. Veterans Cite Importance of Honoring Military...
- Thought of the week
- CNN Breaking News
- Littoral Combat Ship Freedom - DNU Navy
- The Sinking Of The Reuben James
- The Turtles - Happy Together
- Pres. Barack Obama's victory speech
- John McCain's concession speech
- Defense Officials Plan for Smooth Transition to Ne...
- Transition - U.S. Department of State
- Accidentally in Love
- Olimpic Games of 2012 - London
- Edmund Burke
- NAS Jacksonville Air Show - DNU
- Culinary Cool - DNU
- ▼ November (53)
Post a Comment